Monday, April 4, 2016

Project 5

lasseter_project5 from Julia Lasseter on Vimeo.

lasseter_4_5 from Julia Lasseter on Vimeo.

This project was a projection of videos onto a mask surface. I wanted to show a transformation from an old, cracked mask to a more colorful mask. This project was a little more difficult than anticipated. For one, I tried to make a bigger mask out of clay and the clay ended up being horribly cracked when dried. So, I had no choice but to use a smaller mask. Then, composting assets for the project was difficult in that I had to think of how the surface curved and what the images would look like on the surface. Then there was the projection itself. I didn't use the projector that was attached to the ceiling, but the one on the tripod so I could get up close to my mask. The problem was then that I couldn't really record my project well, hence the angle it is at now. Next time, I won't be so ambitious with my project and try to make it more manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment